Step into the enchanting world of Darjeeling tea gardens! Nestled in the lap of the mighty Himalayas, these picturesque plantations are a treat for all your senses.
Darjeeling is home to some of the finest tea in the world due its unique terroir. The Darjeeling tea has gained a reputation as the "Champagne of Teas" due to its delicate muscatel flavor and aroma. The perfect unison of the well drained fertile organic soils, the cool air and dry winters in rhythm with the limited direct sunlight, creates a beautiful symphony of taste that is the Darjeeling tea.
The history of Darjeeling tea dates back to the mid-19th century when the British discovered this tiny hamlet and started cultivating tea on the lush green slopes. Ever since then, Darjeeling has given the world the most delightful brews. Although famous for its black tea, some of the estates also offer green, white and oolong tea.
The Tea Board of India monitors around 87 tea estates spread across a total area of 17,500 hectares of land. Amongst these, Goodricke is the proud owner of some of the world’s famous tea gardens in Darjeeling - Thurbo, Badamtam, Barnesbeg, Castelton and Margarets’s Hope.
- Thurbo Gardens produces premium tea with its unique and pleasant aroma, bright liquor with a sweet aftertaste. The gardens experience cool temperatures and misty conditions that contribute to the peculiar flavors of its teas.
- Badamtam Garden is well known for its fine first flush teas, smooth and delicate China variants and aromatic Assam hybrids. It has set industrial examples with its new age operations, state-of-the-art machinery and excellent facilities.
- Barnesbeg is Goodricke’s certified Bio-organic garden producing one the finest darjeeling teas with brisk liquors. This garden features best organic cultivation practices with highest standards of green certification. With its dual manufacturing processing, it produces both green and black teas. Situated at the foothills of Himalayas, this plantation offers full-bodied tea with strong and rich aroma and bright liquor. It’s popular among folks who enjoy robust and flavorful drinks.
- Castleton is one of Darjeeling's most prominent tea farms and is set within the magnificent backdrop of the Eastern Himalayas. Its high elevation above the sea level results in slow growth of the tea bushes allowing the leaves to develop rich flavors and distinct muscatel undertones. The garden uses traditional tea-making techniques to ensure that each cup retains Darjeeling's distinct flavor.
- Margaret’s Hope is yet another Darjeeling treasure featured among the top Gardens of Darjeeling. Loved by many true enthusiasts worldwide, it is a dreamy land spread with stunning views. It's a tea paradise for tea lovers across the world who enjoy its subtle muscatel flavors and fragrant aroma.
Sipping on the heart warming brews amidst the majestic Himalayan views, is every tea lover's dream. Come, hop on our tea tasting wagon for this refreshing journey.
Let us take you on a delightful journey of verdant tea slopes in Assam. The strong and flavourful Assam teas with rich aromas leaves you spellbound and craving for more. The tale of Assam tea traces back to the early 19th century when Britishers stumbled upon the indigenous assam species thriving in the plains of Brahmaputra valley. Since then Assam has carried forward the rich legacy of world-class tea.
The distinctive flavor of Assam's tea is influenced by the region's unique terrain and climate. The region's tropical weather, heavy rainfall, and fertile soil provide the perfect nurturing environment for the tea plantations.
Assam is a nerve center of the global tea industry contributing to the bulk of tea production. Stretched across thousands of hectares, it serves as a main source of livelihood for countless families locally and globally.
Goodricke’s Assam tea gardens are a treasure trove of tea, tradition, and taste. Vast stretches of rolling green hills, swaying tea bushes as far as the eye can see, and a warm breeze that carries the enchanting fragrance of freshly plucked tea leaves, is an everyday picture at our gardens.
With a history dating back to colonial times, these gardens have witnessed the evolution of the tea industry. The timeless traditions and dedication passed down from generations of skilled tea planters has delivered truly exceptional teas.
Goodricke owns and operates 12 tea gardens in Assam, that are meticulously managed and cultivated to ensure every cup is equally flavourful and delightful. We produce both CTC and orthodox teas in our highly systematic units which are then exported worldwide. Our Assam gardens include Amgoorie, Orangajuli, Nonaipara, Borbam, Bargang, Dejoo, Harmutty, Sessa, Harchurah, Borpatra, Koomber and Coombergram.
These gardens are not just a source of delicious tea, but also a sanctuary for various species of birds, butterflies, and wildlife. Goodricke is committed to creating this ecological harmony with our sustainable practices along with prioritizing social welfare of local communities.
Whether you are a tea enthusiast, a nature lover or just looking for a getaway from monotonous routine, our Assam tea garden community welcomes you with open heart and charming smiles.
Dooars is blessed with rich vegetation due to its location on alluvial floodplains of Brahmaputra. This magical land is also a reserve for elephants and houses many other forest animals.
Dooars tea estates welcome you with the waft of freshly brewed tea aroma and stunning views. Goodricke Group has carried down its legacy of rich and aromatic teas here with careful cultivation and processing. Every tea leaf is handpicked delicately and handled carefully to give you only the finest experience.
Due to enriched soils and conducive climate, these estates produce bright colored and strong liquors of CTC variety, that are loved worldwide. Our 12 prominent gardens in Dooars include Danguajhar, Leesh River, Meenglas, Hope, Aibheel, Chulsa, Chalouni, Jiti, Sankos, Gandrapara, Lakhipara and Kumargram.
As you take a leisurely stroll through the tea gardens, you'll be mesmerized by the serenity and beauty of the surroundings. Do come and experience the harmonious coexistence of nature and people, forming a bond that's as strong as the tea we make.
Shop our bestsellers
Limited Edition-Goodricke Roasted Darjeeling Tea-250 gms Free Cup(Pack of 4)
Barnesbeg Organic Darjeeling Green Tea (Pack of 5)
Castleton Premium Muscatel Darjeeling Tea - 100gm (Pack of 2)
Roasted Organic Darjeeling Tea-250 gm (Pack of 4)